Monday, 28 December 2009

People

Since third year i have been looking at the human figure, previous projects focused on the connection between family members particularly my own family.



This drawing is of my sister as a little girl holding her teddybear.



Over summer and the past few months I have been thinking that it was a bit too personal and i figured that the people i was using as my inspiration were strangers to the viewer and so felt it a good idea to focus on people unknown to me too. People are my biggest inspiration, I am surrounded by lots of people everyday and each person has a different story to tell. What I am doing is picking out certain details about people I see...most first impressions we have of someone is based on their appearance. Knowing nothing about the people I see allows me to make up my own stories about them, but I am also hoping that when this work gets going people will be able to view my jewellery with a story of their own. So, by taking myself on little day trips I can sit down on a bench and just observe all the people that pass by me and do quick sketches (I feel it would be quite weird if I took photographs of strangers!) and also I like to leave these very simple with only the detail that caught my eye...here are a few examples of these sketches.





1 comment:

  1. I really like this idea! Looking forward to seeing your work at the degree show! Zoe x

    ReplyDelete