Sunday, 13 June 2010

Degree Show 2010

Ok, so these are the final two brooches in my collection...


Bird, Florals and Pearls

One of my favourite pieces from my collection is this one, with the etched hummingbird, the floral pattern etched around the rectangular box and the etched roses and the added freshwater pearls I think makes it the most prettiest brooch in my collection.  It is inspired by a girl with tattoos (the hummingbird and roses) wearing a floral skirt and a pearl necklace.


Checks, Camera and a Gold Ring

I like this brooch because I think the black thread on the stitched camera really helps bring out the 22 carat gold-plated silver.  I saw this man in town one day and he caught my eye, he was wearing a checked shirt and a very nice shiny gold wedding band and was taking a photograph...his camera was pretty sweet!

So, that is my collection... :D

1 comment:

  1. Well done Lauren! :-D Your brooches look great - the hummingbird one is my favourite too! Good luck for new designers if your going! xx

    ReplyDelete